Prime Painters are meeting most Thursdays at the Senior Center, 152 Maple St., Warner Robins, at 1:30 PM. Come and draw, paint, share companionship and ideas. This is free, however the city requires that you have to be over 50 to participate.
· Let's all attend the monthly meeting on Thursday, Jan.17,at Ted Wright Park. Joy Vermilyea will be demonstrating the art of stained glass. She is a new member, moving from North Georgia, and teaches her talent at RAFB. You will be able to sign up for a Saturday workshop at the meeting. The cost will be $50.00, and there is a 5-limit opening. AND
the new officers will be installed! I was told that we have a very creative program for this, and Im anxious to see it.
· January 8, Tuesday, the Late Bloomers will be at the Gatwick Sr. Village in Perry from 1-2:30 PM. Volunteers are needed to teach art to seniors. Contact Edna Garrett (478) 967-2817 for more information.
· The Sketching Session will be at the Nola Brantley Library, Watson Blvd. from 6:30- 8:30 PM. A live model will be provided. This is a good opportunity to practice your drawing skills in a friendly environment.Bring your own drawing materials, like charcoal, pastels, or colored pencil. Food,drink, and paint are not allowed in the library. Contact Dona Schaeffer at home 788-1529, or at work, 923-0753, for more information.
· Tuesday, January 15, Willa Roseboom will sponsor Movie Night at her home. Contact Willa, 953-3224, or email@example.com.
· February 26 has been set as the day of Houston Countys Annual Career Scavenger Hunt. 10th graders are bussed to the Ag Center in Perry to meet and inquire about careers, and FAS will have a booth to represent the Arts. Leslie will be there, and shed love someone to help her. Call 929-2263 to volunteer.
· Peggy Maine has an exhibit at Prinnie Macks the first 2 weeks in January, with Kay Nanz having her works up the last 2 weeks. In February, Allan Carey and Janice Musgrove will display their creations.
· Joycine's new space is now at 333 Cotton Avenue in Macon. Call (478) 743-3144 for information on painting classes with Barbara Barry (6 week classes), or teen and adult Drawing Classes with Peter Nishanian.
· MGAA's Winter Arts Festival is coming up Feb.15-March 15. Submit your entry now. This is a judged show open to all mid-state artists. Call 477-9557 for a prospectus.
· Jack Shields from Atlanta will be having a collage workshop March 14 & 15. Those of you who attended his watercolor workshop thoroughly enjoyed mee ting this incredible artist, and Im excited about him being
· Don't forget about the SPRING FINE ARTS SHOW April 20 at the Eagle Springs Clubhouse from 2-5:00. Setup will be on April 19. Get your paints out and get busy!